Industrial Clutch LKB Brakes for Blast Hole Drill
A large drilling and blasting contractor needed to replace a brake on one of its larger rotary blast hole drills utilized in mines and quarries. The brake is mounted to the main cable pulldown winch drive motor that raises and lowers the heavy drill head and pipe string sections on the drilling tower.
To meet the emergency stop application requirements, Industrial Clutch provided a 13" dia. LKB 208 replacement spring-set, pneumatically released brake with a 9,565 in.lb. torque capacity.
Heavy-duty LKB brakes feature high-energy metallic linings with large swept areas ensuring excellent heat dissipation, uniform stopping distances and long lining life. Units also feature high-strength alloy steel drive studs, actuation springs sized for maximum life, and long-life piston seals. Long spline lengths on the brake discs maximize load-carrying capacity.
Download a PDF of this article
- Spring-set, pneumatically released brakes
- Non-asbestos lining materials with large pad areas for maximum heat dissipation
- Induction-hardened hub splines
- High-strength alloy steel drive studs
- Actuation springs sized for maximum life